upozorněníIn connection with a government order, it is possible that the building has interrupted or limited providing services. Find out about the current situation with the operator.
Městečko Trnávka

Ruin of a castle founded at the turn of the 13th century. The castle was built as the residence of the Lords of Cimburk. Over the centuries the castle changed owners numerous times. In 1645 the Swedes conquered Moravia and following their departure the castle began to fall into disrepair. By 1776 the castle was already entirely abandoned; ten years later the castle burned after being hit by lightening. Preserved today are remnants of the peripheral walls of the castle itself, the fortification walls, tower, and the fore-castle gates. The castle took its name from the crenelation on the coat of arms of the Lords of Lipnice. During archaeological research at the site a true treasure of 2,500 silver coins from the 13th century was found. These are now deposited at the National Museum.

GPS: 49°42'31.57"N 16°43'57.88"E
404 m above sea level

Information

Category ruins
Certificates and memberships Tourist stamp

Availability

The nearest train stations
Nearest bus stop
  • Home > Cimburk - castle ruins
Newletters registration
 
Accessibility statement | Legal clause | Questionnaires | Sitemap
 
© 2008 - 2021 Českomoravské pomezí
WebEdit: World Media Partners, s.r.o., Graphics: Tomáš Pakosta / tpd, Templates: Neofema s.r.o.
Connected to information system CZeCOT
We are presenting at Kudyznudy.cz Kudyznudy.cz Czech Republic
Show in normal format | Display for mobile phone